Website Truck Country
|Company OverviewTruck Country is one of the largest Freightliner dealers in the U.S. today, serving customers at several locations in Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Minnesota and Wisconsin. For over 50 years, Truck Country has offered new and used medium and heavy duty trucks, outstanding service, an extensive parts inventory, helpful financing options, and truck leasing.
Truck Country has been familiy owned and operated since 1958 and is a division of the McCoy Group, which also includes McCoy Nationalease, Foodliner, Quest Liner, and North Central Truck & Trailer Parts.
Truck Country, one of the most dynamic heavy-duty truck dealers and service providers in the U.S., is looking for an experienced and quality-minded Diesel Maintenance Technician. In your role as a Diesel Maintenance Technician, you will troubleshoot and repair diesel engines at our dealership.
The Diesel Maintenance Technician position will involve:
- Diagnosing failures of vehicles and disassembling, repairing and reassembling parts as necessary
- Inspecting, testing and listening to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test I nstruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges
- Performing routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Inspecting brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other vital parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
Diesel Maintenance Technician – Service Technician – Mechanic
As a Diesel Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing diesel engines, alignments, suspension, hydraulics, transmissions and electrical systems.
Your specific duties as a Diesel Maintenance Technician will include:
- Adjusting and relining brakes, aligning wheels, tightening bolts and screws, and reassembling equipment
- Inspecting, repairing, and maintaining automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors
- Raising trucks, buses and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Attaching test instruments to equipment, and reading dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions
- Filling out and submitting all required documents in an accurate and timely manner
As a Diesel Maintenance Technician, you must display thorough and proven knowledge of diesel engines and diesel engine repair. You must also have a strong work ethic and exceptional attention to detail. It will also be a vital part of your role as a Diesel Maintenance Technician to provide outstanding customer service and maintain effective working relationships with customers, supervisors and co-workers.
Specific qualifications for the Diesel Maintenance Technician position include:
- Associate’s degree in diesel technology or equivalent experience preferred
- G-2 and ASE certification preferred (ASE testing will be paid for by Truck Country)
- Excellent communication skills
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer – Qualified women, minorities and people with disabilities encouraged to apply